At New Horizons Preschool we have implemented Belonging, Being and Becoming, the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), in the development of our educational program.
The EYLF is an early childhood curriculum framework which guides educators in developing quality early childhood education programs, with a strong emphasis on play-based learning. The Framework describes the principles, practice and outcomes to support and enhance young children’s learning as well as their transition to school.
The five outcomes include:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators