At the heart of our program are highly qualified and experienced early childhood educators. Our educators have a strong understanding of the Reggio Emilia Educational Approach, Inquiry Pedagogies, along with the principles and practice elements of the Australian Early years Framework.
Both Campuses open Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm during term time. School holidays are catered for by separate bookings which are made available to families 4 weeks prior to holidays. HOWEVER we are closed from the end of term 4 until the beginning of term 1 the following year. Specific dates will be advertised on the calendar.
Battery Point Campus
Our Battery Point Campus includes two classes, Preschool and Inquire 5. Each class has three educators and 25 children. We have a specialist Atelierista (art teacher) who works alongside small groups of children in our art studio. These experiences focus on developing techniques and relationships with materials and support ongoing Inquiry research in collaboration with classroom educators.
Preschool (Battery Point and Lenah Valley)
- Offers places for 3-4 year old children
- We encourage a minimum of 2 days per week attendance
- Children must be 3 by February to commence at the start of the school year
- Children may be accepted once they turn 3 later in the year IF a place becomes available
- Promote small group collaboration and independence
- Educators and children co-research to explore threads of learning
Inquire 5 (Battery Point)
- Offers places for 4-5 year old children
- We encourage a minimum of 2-3 days per week attendance
- Specialised program for 4-5 year old children
- Develop and extend critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Deepen the complexity of their research skills
- Engage in sustained Inquiry Projects